KEY FUNCTION OF POSITION:
Plan and supervise silviculture/GIS/Inventory activities as directed to ensure forest management goals and objectives are achieved in a manner consistent with relevant fiduciary, regulatory, and environmental guidelines.
To apply, visit Recruitment (adp.com).
SUMMARY OF DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Manage all aspects of silviculture on the Olympic Tree Farm including planning, budgeting, forecasting, contracting and compliance.
- Provide field-level support to forest operations, including but not limited to:
- Timber harvest layout
- Roadside vegetation management
- Silvicultural project supervision
- Field recon, imagery and mapping utilizing UAV
- Assist in all aspects of inventory and pre-harvest timber cruising including planning, budgeting, forecasting, contracting and compliance.
- Ensure appropriate permits and easements have been obtained before work begins.
- Ensure full and appropriate compliance with Forest Practice laws.
- Provide to GIS Forester information needed to update maps for assigned harvesting, road, and silvicultural activities.
- Assist in property-level tours when needed.
- Actively participate in the implementation and utilization of GIS.
- Monitor expenditures and operation levels closely in order to comply with budget limitations.
- Participate in the annual budgeting process and “Forward Look” process, as needed.
- Maintain good communication and excellent working relationships with outside agencies and companies (Washington State Department of Natural Resources, Department of Fish & Wildlife, County Departments, and Tribal stakeholders, etc.)
- Stay abreast of industry technology, trends, new regulations and laws; attend meetings, as necessary.
- Become expert in client ownership patterns and manage accordingly.
- Support and participate fully in local SFI program.
- Ensure that environmental or financial risk management reporting is conducted in a timely and professional manner to the Area Manager and, if appropriate, local Safety Coordinator.
- Respond to internal and external information requests in conjunction with management and team members.
- Actively participate within the organization to ensure all timberland management investment services meet or exceed client commitments.
- Represent Campbell Global at all levels, maintaining positive public relations.
- Other duties/projects as assigned.
- Position is considered exempt based on job responsibilities.
QUALIFICATIONS FOR POSITION:
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Forestry or Engineering; and
- Three years’ work experience in forestland management or the logging industry.
- Five years relevant work experience in the logging industry or equivalent field.
- In lieu of the above, we will consider candidates with an equivalent combination of education, training and experience resulting in the knowledge and skills required to perform the job.
EXPERIENCE AND KNOWLEDGE REQUIRED/PREFERRED:
- Must have:
- Demonstrated experience with and knowledge of Washington state forest practices.
- Demonstrated knowledge of forestry and forest inventory.
- Demonstrated proficiency with ArcGIS and standard office software.
- Experience with SuperACE/SuperEASY.
- Familiarity with SQL and Python.
- Experience with Land Resource Manager or similar enterprise forest information systems.
- Working knowledge of the logging industry, sorting techniques, log values, etc.
- Experience with planning, budgeting, and forecasting as well as negotiating and supervising contracts.
- Understanding of state and federal regulations with respect to land use (i.e., share costs, easements, permits, etc.).
- WSDA Private Applicator License.
- FAA Remote Pilot Certificate.
- Ability to work in the outdoors over extremely rough, uneven terrain in all weather conditions, required.
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds.