The successful candidate for this position will be working in the Southern Oregon Region, directly reporting to the Region Manager and will primarily interact with company and contract loggers working for the region’s field operations. This position will ultimately be supporting the Cottage Grove and Coos Bay geography, but initial job responsibilities will also include supporting activities in the Willamette Valley geography.
This role is responsible for the training and oversight of all individuals in that region whose job it is to merchandise trees into logs with the goal of optimizing value for Weyerhaeuser.
- Be a role model for safe work habits.
- Assist all Operation’s Harvest Managers and hourly personnel in the training and monitoring of those that are responsible for bucking trees and loading logs to optimize the value of every stem.
- Organize and conduct employee/operator training as required for value optimization with both contractor and company personnel.
- The writing, installation and use of electronic cutting cards for various brands of mechanical processors.
- Produce and distribute log quality and value tracking reports as needed. (requires use of “log system” and Windows Excel)
- Provide constructive feedback while coordinating the correction of any log quality/value optimization issues that may arise.
- Perform log and tree audits as required and maintain database records.
- Make regular visits to log destinations (internal and external) for log quality inspections.