- The Western Forester, a regional publication aimed at being a channel for local issues. Twenty-four pages in length and focusing on a theme each issue, the Western Forester provides a variety of articles and advertisements of interest to natural resource professionals four times a year.
- Coordination of state and chapter elections.
- Staff assistance with membership drives, tax information, fund raising campaigns and other initiatives.
- Access and administrative support to Constant Contact, a web-based communications tool SAF units can use to reach members.
- Meeting registration services at the member rate: We take care of your registration needs so your team can focus on the important tasks of program, field trip organization, and sponsorships.
- One-stop shopping of SAF information.
- Stable point of contact for questions and answers from members and the public.
- With continuous turnover of volunteer leadership, paid staff of long tenure provides organizational memory, continuity, and needed administrative support.
- State society leaders become members of the NWO Committee, and have a voice in directing the office’s priorities and focus.
- NWO staff understands the nature of volunteer organizations and strives to make things easier for our members.
The NWO Committee contracts an independent contractor for part-time professional and editorial support,with Western Forestry and Conservation Association.
Be aware of key SAF dates by downloading the SAF Action Calendar.
SAF Northwest Office presentation from 2016 Leadership Conference available here.
Lori Rasor and Steve McConnell gave a presentation at the 2015 SAF National Convention in Baton Rouge, Louisiana about the role of the NW Regional Office for the area. You can view their PowerPoint here.
Andrea Watts, Manager and Editor
Melinda Olson, Administrative Support
PO Box 82836, Portland, OR 97282
SAF phone: 503-224-8046